News Updates and Upcoming Events
Four Auburn students in teams of two are hoping to make history during the 43rd annual Air Race Classic. Considered the “epicenter of women's air racing,” the event will take place June 18-21 as teams of pilots travel 2,538 statute miles and make nine stops at timing points across the United States and Canada, including a June 18 stop in LaGrange, Georgia. Auburn University is one of only 15 universities competing in the 2019 race.
Dr. Tiffany Sippial is the director of the Honors College at Auburn University and an associate professor in the Department of History. She is a Latin American specialist and has led four excursions to Cuba – the most recent one being in May 2019, just weeks before the newest travel restrictions took effect. Below, she shares her knowledge of those restrictions imposed by the U.S. on Cuba, and what it means for the two countries.
- Auburn’s Expansive Additive Manufacturing Centers
- Tyson Foods and Auburn University partner to build first stand-alone solar-powered poultry house
- Auburn researchers publish new hypothesis explaining the connection between habitat loss and the global emergence of infectious diseases
- Hubbard named dean of Auburn University’s College of Human Sciences
- Information for search for Vice President for Development
Visit the Newsroom